NO sound

I am not sure I fully understand your problem Ron, but I suggest you check...

1. The loco decoder has been given an address diferent from the others.

2. The loco has been listed in RM with that address.

3. The loco has all its TTS functions listed in RM and that those sounds which are toggled are listed with the suffix on/off after the description e.g. sound on/off . Spot sounds that play once then stop do not have this suffix e.g. Hi-Lo Horn .

4. You then have to select these functions on the throttle for them to work.

If you are in any doubt as to how to set up a loco in RM then recently there have been several similar requests for help and Chris has provided links to detailed guides for setting things up.

HI RAF96

yes have dune all of this i did have sound on locos before the short out. reset the E link then no Sound train still move. E Link is only one week old. set this up for some on else. had my E link a long time never had this problem. Thank  Ron.

Hi all sort it out, there was a setting on the E Link that had not been turn on and there was up date all so by Hornby the day after the E Link was purchest. Sund back on all locos.

Thank For the Help. Ron

Now you have me intrigued ron. I was unaware of any settings for an eLink that can be turned on?  You do have to set it up correctly by selecting the correct com port and baud rate, then there are ini file settings.  What did you change?

Its also been a long time to my knowledge since the eLink firmware was updated (v1.07 since forever?), and updates should occur automatically as part of RM updates. What version of RM are you running?  Have you downloaded and installed the latest from the link at the top of the Forum?