Track Layout [Reverse Loop advice]

Guest Chrissaf

You have two options.

Option 1 - download my 'Reverse Loop' tutorial and use it to resolve your 'reverse loops' yourself using the 'How To' guidance in my PDF tutorial document. Note that the R8238 Reverse Loop Modules [RLMs] featured in my document are now obsolete, but the document does offer alternative RLM brand suggestions in Chapter 7.

Option 2 - post an image of your scan in this thread for me to suggest a 'reverse loop' solution for you. Note that images need Hornby admin approval and may take several days to appear.

Read TIP 8 in my 'How to best use this forum TIPs page' linked below to see how to post an image.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Chris,

I have sent a previous message, with an image of the proposed track layout. However, following sendng, I received a message saying that it had been saved but needed to be modified because of the image content. I hope you have receved it ok.

Mike.

ComMods do not receive posted images. When you post an image, it is queued for approval (not modified**) by Hornby administration staff. It is Hornby staff, not Community Moderators that approve images. I will only see it when it gets published in the forum the same as everyone else.

Image approvals are delayed due to Hornby working a skeleton staff due to Covid lockdown. Some images seem to never appear for some reason. Since your image has not yet appeared, I suggest you upload your image to a free image hosting site and post a link to it instead.

Note** could the message have said "needed to be moderated" as opposed to 'modified'.

An alternative you could try. Find any post made by one of my ComMod colleagues (RAF96). In his signature area is a clickable link to his personal website. On that website you will find an email 'contact me' address for him. Send Rob your scanned image as an attachment and ask him to forward it to me [chrissaf]..... I will let him know to expect it.

Mike I have had to remove your post because you breached forum guideline rules by publishing your email address.

I have designed a track layout which suits the size and shape of my available space. However, it contains at least one return loop, which I believe causes problems with 2-rail track. I'd like some advice on how to overcome this, and can email a scanned copy of the proposed layout, for comment. <email address removed>. I am UK-based. Mike.

Many thanks, Chris. I'll take a look at your tutorial.

In the meantime, as suggested, this is a scanned copy of the track layout I have in mind:

Mike, as you can see in the quote above. Your scanned image did not attach correctly to your post. Not only that, but it created a corruption of this forum thread page and therefore your original image reply had to be removed and replaced with my quote of it to make this forum page functional again. The page corruption resulted in a situation where it was impossible to add any further replies as the 'green reply' button stopped working and was unresponsive. Once your corrupted post was removed, the reply function started working again allowing me to publish this reply you are reading.

I deduce that you used 'cut n paste' or 'drag n drop' which is not supported and did not use the 'official' Hornby image uploader tool as described in my TIP8 or perhaps it was not a supported file type that you tried to upload. Remember it also has to be a supported file type such as JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF and preferably <2MB in size.

Send your image to Rob (RAF96) as per my alternative suggestion.