Thank you to Airfix Spares Department!

null_null981707818191

I'm posting this in the Aircraft section because it relates to aircraft, but I'm perfectly happy if the Moderator chooses to move it elsewhere! I just wanted to say a massive "thank you" to Airfix Customer Services and the Spares Department. I'd been looking forward to building a 1/72 Vampire T11 for a while, but when I went to open it and have a look I discovered that part of one of the wing sections had not been moulded properly. A quick e-mail to customer servces elicited a reply including that it could take up to 28 days - so I was massively grateful and very impressed when the replacement part arrived (safely enclosed in bubble-wrap and in a padded jiffy-bag marked 'Fragile') only eight days later. So very many thanks! I've included a picture of the defective part and the replacement bit - restores one's faith in the system quite considerably

/media/tinymce_upload/4666f9901af57a801175130fcf008461.jpg

Oh yes that is quite a badly short shot part!

I usually have very good service from the parts dept but I'm glad you have posted to highlight the good service to give balance to those who feel they have been let down!!

I've a mate in Australia who bought a Beaufighter from a local hobby shop (Closing down sale... some things are similar all over the world) He got two Sprue C's and no sprue A. Parts service couldn't help in March but a parcel arrived last week with a Sprue A. Well done spares dept for that one too. I've only tried it once and it was very unhelpful with me but being pragmatic its a courtesy service and one provided by no other manufacturer so I should be more grateful.