Mounting Hornby select.

Potrail2378

Hi, my layout is up in the loft, at around chest height. I have built a control panel with all my switches, etc screwed onto the control panel. The panel is vertical, which suits my space nicely. However, the Hornby select won't stay attached vertically to the board. I have tried a glue gun, but this only lasts for a week or so. Is there a bracket or mount for the select to sit vertically? 

As the Select is slightly wedge shaped mounting it vertically will make it difficult to see the screen and operate in my opinion. I would alter my panel to mount it off the vertical and the method of securing it will not be so stressed.

It you are unlikely ever to move it, one answer would be to remove the back (special triangular screws) make provision (holes) to slide into place a couple of large tie-wraps. Refit the back and secure the assembled Select to your panel. In the event of needing to remove it simply cut the tie-wraps.

I prefer Flashbangs velcro idea though. I have a large roll each of self adhesive hooks and eyes and it gets used for allsorts of things.

Hi, not sure I'd like the idea of magnets close to the Hornby Select. I have got a piece of 3mm aluminium which I have bent to around 270° and screwed to the vertical control panel. I have also ordered a couple of strips of heavy duty velcro and some impact glue - Belt and Braces! Thanks for the help guys.