Railmaster can’t control loco

I have a new loco. My hornby elite controls it fine. However railmaster does not seem to be able to control speed  Even with cruising set to 5 mph the loco runs at breakneck speed. Railmaster will halt the loco but I have to use elite to set a reasonable speed. This is the only loco that has this problem 

any ideas?

Firstly what version of RailMaster have you got installed?

This issue has been reported many times on the forum and started being reported with Release version 1.71 or 1.72 [i can't quite recall]. The current version is 1.73.

First things first, if you haven't got 1.73 installed, then update to 1.73. Download the 1.73 installer from the link at the top of the RailMaster & Trackmaster forum section. Right click the downloaded installer file and choose 'Run as administrator'.

Secondly, the documented fix for this issue is to completely remove the affected loco from your locomotive 'roster' list in RailMaster {i.e so that its throttle is removed]. Then re-install the loco in RailMaster again from scratch. You might have to do this more than once.

I can’t understand why anyone would want to go to an unsubstantiated source on utube for advice when they have been given qualified instruction on the manufacturers forum section dedicated to the application.

Where better to obtain correct advice than here.

If ever I find any such questions on the various FB pages I always refer them back to the authoritative source here.

EltenPines.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, but if you are going to suggest a YouTube Video, then a clue to where it might be located would be helpful.

In general, I have extensively researched YouTube videos dedicated to RailMaster. In the main, the presenters are 'clueless' and the 'blind leading the blind'. There are one or two gems, but they are very few and far between. If you are going to suggest YouTube as a definitive issue solution information source, then it is only right and proper that you provide a link (plain text at present due to the forum bug) to the video you are recommending that purports to solve this issue.

The majority of the YouTube RailMaster videos are now totally 'out of date' as the RailMaster software revision levels are quickly evolving and the videos I have seen relate to much earlier obsolete RM software releases.

Just earlier this week I posted a solution to your question about RailMaster 'Functions' which you thanked me for ..... obviously YouTube didn't give you an answer on that occasion.

I am, as always, more than willing to review any suggested RailMaster YouTube videos or other online resources that forum members might suggest I look at. If they have actual merit, then I am more than willing to add them to my forum boilerplate documentation to use as suggested sources of information to include in posted question replies.

Just for completeness of information. Did you already have 1.73 installed OR did you update to 1.73 as part of your fix. The reason for asking, is to try and deduce whether the bug is still in 1.73 or not.