Elite Programming No Longer Functions

Zathrus

Hi,
I bought a new Hornby Elite in January, and had until now, been very pleased with it.

I updated the firmware to v 1.4 about five weeks ago, and since then I have been unable to programme any new loco's I've bought.

When I have connected

my programming track to the programme terminals on the back of the Elite, when I actually initiate the programme, instead of the usual five flashes of the the red L.E.D. and the usual clicking sound, it does indeed do the five flashes, but it then momentarily

pauses, then repeats this again, before it shows "Address" in the display.

This happens every time I try it with every loco I try.

I have not done a 'reset' of the Elite as I'm unsure whether it will no longer recognise any of my loco's program

numbers that have already been programmed before this problem arose.

Does anyone have experience of this, or have a possible fix?

Thanks

Check that you are in Standard Mode not Classic Mode - can't find where it says how to change just now but it is there. The Elite will tell you which mode it is in when it is first turned on and I found mine in Classic Mode after updating to 1.4.

Found it - it's in the Elite Addendum Instructions which also tells you the differences between the modes. The menu sequence of button pushes to change between Standard and Classic modes is Menu, select Unit, select Mode, toggle Standard/Classic, confirm

with Control 1/2 (whichever you are using) then Menu to go back to loco control etc.

If you are in Classic Mode you can't program locos so you have to switch to Standard.

Hi,

Thanks to everyone

for your advice. I apologise for the delay in replying, but I've been having broadband problems and it's only been sorted today.

I did notice it said 'Standard' when loading, but went to Menu|Unit|Mode to be sure, and tried turning it back to 'Classic'

then rebooting and resetting to 'Standard' but it has made no difference I'm sorry to report.

I have also tried the 'Reset' option, but apart from it not knowing the names assigned to any of my loco's, I still cannot programm using the 'programming

track'.

It looks like I'll have to call Hornby support.

Thanks to all crontributors. :-)

Archived