Digital Ignition newbie question

crossxx

I have inherited my first scalextric set - a two car Digital Ignition Nissan drift set.

I would like to make the track longer and wondered if there is a maximum / optimum length and whether I can use old analogue track or if it has to be specific digital track?

Thanks

Hi There and welcome,

Please use the search function check out the pages under "Help & Advice".

Likely 99% of your questions are answered there. 😎

For example: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/digital-scalextric--33913/?p=1

There is no maximum or optimal length. In fact, some would argue the longer the better!

My biggest tip for good track design is try to get one good long straight in, ideally where you can go full speed for a whole second.

The limiting factors are space (obviously) and connectivity. The longer the track, the better condition it must be in or you may need 2 power supplies.

Regarding track: There are 3 kinds of connectors out there, Sport, the current standard for BOTH analog and digital, "classic" the "spoon" or "loop" connectors and for a evry short time there was "Start" with a unique connection type. It is fairly rare in it looks very unique.

Your Digital Ignition Nissan is the Sport kind so I would stick with that. See the thread I linked about track types and what makes digital and analog.

If you have any mroe questions please let us know!