New car on old tracks not working

Esacks

Hi. I have a Sportdigital track, roughly 10 yrs old. Just received brand new 1969 Gulf Twin pack cars. When placing them on the tracks, the headlights light up, the magnets work and there is the electrical buzzing sound. But the cars do not move. Wheels do not turn. I've put the old cars back on to test and they work fine. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers. 

Hi Esacks - welcome to the forum!

Those new Fords need to fitted with digital chips to work on a digital layout. The lights coming on and the motor buzzing is typical of a non-digital ('analogue') car sitting on a Scalextric digital track. The Ford GT40s are Digital Plug Ready, which means they can be easily converted to digital using the C8515 Digital Plug. That takes about a minute per car and requires a small cross-head screwdriver.

The latest Scalextric digital powerbase - ARC Pro - has the option of running two 'analogue' cars in a traditional one-car-per-lane format. There is a switch on the side of the powerbase that toggles between digital and analogue mode. The older C7042 six-car Advanced Powerbase also has an analogue mode, accessed through the software in the display tower. The basic 4-car powerbase (which was the most common powerbase 10 years ago) does not have an analogue mode, just digital.

I hope that helps!

Hi Esacks - welcome to the forum!

Those new Fords need to fitted with digital chips to work on a digital layout. The lights coming on and the motor buzzing is typical of a non-digital ('analogue') car sitting on a Scalextric digital track. The Ford GT40s are Digital Plug Ready, which means they can be easily converted to digital using the C8515 Digital Plug. That takes about a minute per car and requires a small cross-head screwdriver.

The latest Scalextric digital powerbase - ARC Pro - has the option of running two 'analogue' cars in a traditional one-car-per-lane format. There is a switch on the side of the powerbase that toggles between digital and analogue mode. The older C7042 six-car Advanced Powerbase also has an analogue mode, accessed through the software in the display tower. The basic 4-car powerbase (which was the most common powerbase 10 years ago) does not have an analogue mode, just digital.

I hope that helps!