Irish stock

Buz

Hi all

With the apearance of so many irish locomotives on the market now.

I wondering if a CIE open, van and gaurds van is a worth while project for Hornby

May be even a drovers brake that could also be painted up to go whith Hornbys current four wheel coaches,

Also perhaps a brake and composite six wheel coach as these coaches lasted a lot longer on the Emerald isle than they did on the mainland IK.

Just a mad thought that could be worth concidering, just having a few OO  irish items if you will a very small core that can be used by every one who wants them or the avid Hornby Train Operator as something a little different.

regards John

/media/tinymce_upload/d01a708daf4f5ed3bb691940eaae6393.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/9225aba59515cab68735d813e3a13658.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/5715ce09a50d0981a98fd5f3f3e4874a.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/db7341900331214fe6e829ef7df19f71.JPG

Something like this perhaps?

Hi LC&DR

Working from the top and with a very biased point of view got the loco Murphy did that.

Need the steam generator but I am lead to believe the tin van / dutch van type would be a better choice and preferably with the single white stripe double stripe goes beyond the years I would be interested in, no RTR steam generator is available so if Hornby could make one in green and one in black and orange that would be great.

B113 looks nice so does the steamer below it, actually the steamer looks a strong contender to me

MKII's have been done by Murphy and too late for me however not that I want them MKIII's might be worth a try.

Hornby might be able to use existing molds for those.

I was thinking more along the 4 wheeled wagons and earlier coaches 1950's/60's coaches and not a very big selection at that just something to start with and see where it goes but would have to have the steam generator.

I am looking for the R119 CIE open wagon and CIE van at the moment on the second hand market so far all I have found is the Kilkenny coal wagon at such a silly price it was ERR NO to that, all made in 1979 I believe.

But I haven't found a definitive list of what Hornby originally did do, or how accurate it was, which in today's market would be important if they want to sell it.

I think people would live with the wrong gauge they do with a load of other stuff 😆

regards John

There have been a number of Irish layouts in the modelling magazines using custom built and modified commercial items. The 264 steam loco in the pictures above has been created a number of times using the Hornby Fowler loco as a starter. As we are already representing the mainland standard gauge as narrow gauge with 00 the Irish Much broader gauge is even further out at 16.5mm but makes the options much more achievable using commercially available parts.