DCC Turntable problem

Lorrin

Hi Airband1, The power to the T/T bridge is supplied from the designated input track, this must be 'live', ie connected to the DCC system. If this is correct, check the continuity of the track pickups at this point, then the continuity of the wipers under

the bridge. You could also read my previous listing (above)!

• 1 month later...
Hi - sorry to interrupt, but I am a novice. I have taken delivery of a R070 turntable which I wish to wire up to my DCC Elite controller. I have read the previous threads but remain confused. In simple terms where do I connect the brown and black wires

from the turntable? Is there a diagram? I do not understand the terms 'bus' and 'dropper' wires so please keep it simple for my simple mind. Seasonal greetings and very many thanks in advance.

Will you be using a locomotive decoder? If so, then the brown and black wires from the turntable should be connected to the orange and grey wires from the decoder as shown on this Hornby instruction page. https://www.hornby.com/hornby-dcc/decoder-installation-guides/turntable-conversion/
Use

heat shrink tube on the joints between the wires, not insulation tape as the instructions say.
You put the heat shrink tube on the wires first before joining the wires together. Once the joints are made, you slide the heatshrink tube over the joints and

shrink it with the back of asoldering iron.

You will need an R8247 accessory decoder to operate a turntable. It can't be done with the R8216.
I think it would be easier to use a locomotive decoder.

FinnerZ said in a post 166 days ago "I've tested the output of the accessory decoder and

if you do decide to go down this route, you will only be able to make it run in one direction, and at one speed. Connect one wire to the common terminal and the other to either the + or - terminal. When you call up the turntable, one press will stop it and

the other will make it move. The same should work for the lighthouse. I haven't tried running a turntable in this way but it would make sense. Good luck."

Archived