Unhappy [RM PC Crashed and unable to reactivate]

Guest Chrissaf

Although your PC has crashed. If you can remove the HDD, put it in a caddy connected to your laptop so that you can [if possible] access files on the original PC HDD. Then look for and copy the following file from your original RailMaster program folder.

activate.dat

This file is a 'raw text' file and can be opened in notepad.exe. It contains the original data you presented to HRMS when you originally registered RailMaster on the old PC.

I suspect that the issue is that your ProPack key was originally activated against the main key number for the now broken old PC, and you are trying to re-activate it against a completely different RailMaster key on the other new PC. Hence it is the main RailMaster key code data that is not matching against the HRMS database records for the original ProPack key registration.

So if you can retrieve the 'activate.dat' file from the old PC and compare the contents to the 'activate.dat' file on the second working new PC. You will find the registration data is different due to there being a different RailMaster key code, hence the HRMS statement that info doesn't match.

Unfortunately my PC has crashed. Unable to deactivate my railmaster software.  Luckily I have 2 lots of software, 1 on PC that crashed and 1 on my laptop. So I thought I would register my Pro version which was on my PC onto my laptop.  Alas no. Having completed the activation process on my laptop I have received an auto reply saying the software registration details don't match their records.  I have informed them they are correct and checked details. Have tried registering again, says already tried and to try again in a few days.  Has anyone else gone through this.  

I have been trialing Itrain and seriously I am coming over to thinking Horny railmaster may no longer suite my needs. 

What the RM system checker sees is you trying to hang the same Pro licence extension onto two different nasic licensed copies, hence the need to derigister Pro from one licence before enabling Pro on the other licence.

Understandably HRMS can be quite coy about telling you details of your registrations as you could be anybody trying it on, but if you coroborate your initial registration data then they will happily sort it out for you. I found out by their subtle hint that I had missed a number out when my Pro re-registration failed.

Hi

if you are going to contact HRMS be aware that it can take 2 weeks for a reply from them if you are contacting through Railmaster as my brother has had a problem with deactivating Railmaster from one computer and then trying to reactivate on a new computer and it was sorted on Monday 3/10/2020 when his product key was able to activate his account after waiting for the 2 weeks 

Hedley 

Hedley, the OP has a slightly different problem.

He has two different registered copies of RailMaster each with its own decicated different activation key. Let's call them Key A and Key B. He had Key A upgraded to ProPack edition, but that PC has now gone faulty so he can't deactivate the ProPack key on RailMaster Key A. He is trying to transfer the ProPack key to RailMaster Key B, which is another thing entirely to transferring RailMaster itself from one PC to another.