Hornby Select Controller Firmware

Guest Chrissaf

I had my select upgraded by Hornby about 6 months ago and, at the time, version 1.6 (same as yours) was the latest version. I don't know if it's since been superceded but ver 1.6 will work just fine and won't be 'out of sync', whatever that means.

If you did need to have the select upgraded you would need to contact hornby first and then post it to them to update. But with ver1.6 you will not need to do this.

1.6 [16] is the very latest version for the original Select. You may see version 2.0 mentioned in posts, but that only applies to the Mark II hardware version of the Select. Functionally, version 1.6 and version 2.0 are exactly the same.

What do you actually mean by functions 'out of sync'?

Describe some examples.....

In case you are not aware of this, the Select function selection operates as a 'toggle'. You have to send the appropriate 'Function Command' to operate the function [say for example play a spot sound]. But then you have to send the same function command again to reset the function ready to operate it again. If you do not send the second function command and only send the function command once, then that can easily give the impression that functions are out of Sync.

For those who take the time to study the manuals, this Function operation requirement is documented in the Select manual on Page 17 --- extract below:

/media/tinymce_upload/4fec4ece814d924c427c012d904ec7c8.jpg

Does anyone know how recent the firmware is on my select controller if the startup numbers are 16-30-03 ?

I bought a bachmann class 158 and the functions seem to be out of sync. After contacting the store and checking the model they suggested the software on my controller may need updating ? If this is the case how do I go about it or is the version it has now the latest ?