Train-Tech Signals [Select error issue]

Guest Chrissaf

I'm using Train-tech sigmals on my layout. However when I try to connect them onto my Select Controller. I receive a flashing indicator , "P6 ". And the signals are not connected. Any ideas?

Phil

I think I might guess where Ray is going with this line of questioning. Slowshunter, just for clarity. The Train-Tech signals may be 'Accessories' but they do not connect to the 'Accessory' output of the Select.

They are DCC devices and contain DCC decoders, so they have to connect to the 'TRACK' output of the Select.

Could this possibly be why you have got this unusual flashing P6 code.

However that said, the only reference to P6 in the Select manual I can find is in the 'Accessory Programming' section of the manual. Now if you are trying to set up these Train-Tech signals by following the 'Accessory Programming' section of the Select manual, then that will not work. Train-Tech signals are 'self learning' decoders and are programmed in a completely different way.

I wrote a 'step by step' tutorial post for setting up Train-Tech DS2 / DS3 signals from start to finish. See the link below. The content of the post may be applicable to you [you haven't stated exactly what TT signal models you have purchased].

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/dcc-select-programming/?p=1/#post-323231

You are quite right Chris, and it shows my lack of knowledge of the Select, being an Elite/eLink user. The only thing I would add to your great post on programming TT signals is the following. When you have the signal in "learn" mode, the direction key which you then use on the Select will determine which key is used thereafter to change the signal to green so if you're programming several different signals, then it will pay to be consistent in the key used.

Ray

P5 and P6 are simply a confirmation indication of the direction selected for a point (or signal). See red marked section of Select v1.5> manual...

/media/tinymce_upload/cb6b678051e2c1524d2f10d5f9d38b52.png

The only thing I would add to your great post on programming TT signals is the following. ...........

Ray,

If you check out the newly edited version of the original 'How To' thread [follow link below], you will now find that your additional 'arrow key tip' has been given greater prominence and now sits directly below the main 'how to' documented steps. This will save you having to re-publish your tip each time this question comes up.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/post/view/topic_id/21821/?p=1

PS - The section of the manual highlighted by Rob in red lines, is the reference to P6 that I was referring to in my reply. My mistake, I 'speed read' that as being a continuation of the 'Programming Section' directly above.