Crashed Cars

Dave East

Hi please advise what is the protocol for a crashed car on a two lane analogue circuit?. Do your opponents stop while you place tha car back on the track? Does the opponent get a head start when restarting? Does the opponent just carry on regardless? I would love to hear any views, I have just got my set from the loft to play with grandson, hasn't been used for over 30 years.

HI Dave,

Short answer: Up to you!

If you are getting into the hobby stopping is likely a wise choice otherwise frustration will set in.

If you have an older set you may have a problem that when one car goes off the other car gets a surge of power so you will "stop" automatically....

Getting a lap counter helps.

All versions of ARC have a lap counter:

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/sets/app-race-control-arc.html

ARC PRO has "yellow flag" which slows all the cars down until the yellow flag is cancelled (but as you are analog only you might want to just try ARC AIR).

I think your main issue will be keeping the car on the track in general.

Some use stronger magnets but I recommend lowering the power.

I have used a plug in dimmer and it works well.

Newer controllers have ways of limiting trigger pull.

Some people use tape to limit the amount of speed.

Good luck!

Thanks Andy probably stop and get 5 seconds head start before the crashed guy can restart, it has to be a deterent otherwise people will just pelt round and crash willy nilly.

HI Dave,

Short answer: Up to you!

If you are getting into the hobby stopping is likely a wise choice otherwise frustration will set in.

If you have an older set you may have a problem that when one car goes off the other car gets a surge of power so you will "stop" automatically....

Getting a lap counter helps.

All versions of ARC have a lap counter:

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/sets/app-race-control-arc.html

ARC PRO has "yellow flag" which slows all the cars down until the yellow flag is cancelled (but as you are analog only you might want to just try ARC AIR).

I think your main issue will be keeping the car on the track in general.

Some use stronger magnets but I recommend lowering the power.

I have used a plug in dimmer and it works well.

Newer controllers have ways of limiting trigger pull.

Some people use tape to limit the amount of speed.

Good luck!