RM activation key not saving

Hi there, 

I’m still having problems with RM activation key to keep working properly it loads and accepts ok but every time I go to close RM program down then re open it it goes straight into evaluation mode this is happening every time and I keep having to go through the same cycle to request a key reset... I have all firewalls turned off in windows and always use RM Administration I’m running the latest version of RM 1.72  

This is getting quite frustrating now for a simple procedure to work, and again I will need to request another key reset as my RM is saying I’ve already submitted a key reset.

I would be great full for any advice so I can get this up and running , as I seem to be getting nowhere with this matter with RM support online.

Im running on windows 7.

There is nothing we on the forum can do to resolve your issue for you [that is to say, give you instructions on how to change a setting in Windows somewhere to fix this issue yourself].

What we do know from forum member reported experiences, is that turning off Windows Firewall and AV just doesn't work with any certainty to resolve these type of issues.

I have never seen this issue reported before, well not an issue that is 100% exactly as per your issue description. Realistically, it can only be resolved by HRMS [Hornby RailMaster Support], you need to use the 'integrated' help request on the 'Help' page as this method sends additional RailMaster files from your installation to HRMS to help them diagnose the source of the problem.

I suggest that you request them to remotely log-on to your system and diagnose the problem. Remote log-on requires your presence and involvement at the time of log-on to facilitate the communication via Team-Viewer. If HRMS agree to remote log-on they will give you 'how to' instructions via emails.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

PS - the latest version is 1.73 not 1.72.

1.73 can be downloaded from the link at the top of the RailMaster forum. Just run the installer 'as administrator' over the top of the existing installation. You do not uninstall the previous version first.

I have ongoing discussion with railmaster support on this mater but they are rather slow at responding, but I understand they have a small operation now.

Just thought somone on here would be able to shine some more light on this issue I'm having. 

Thanks.