Fitting R3756 9F TTS R8113 in Tender [Tender lid removal]

Guest Chrissaf

There should have been a maintenance sheet with the loco. The only maintenance sheet listed on this site shows the decoder socket in the loco. I don’t know if the later model is rigged per the TTS-Ready standard with the socket in the tender.

Usually tenders have hidden screws often under the rear coupling or buried in deep pockets near the corners. Some tenders simply clip off by squeezing the sides to release lugs from the chassis.

If the socket is in the loco and you are mounting the speaker in the tender then disconnect the speaker wires at the speaker and extend across to the tender either using a micro plug and socket or simply hard wired if the loco and tender will not be separted for boxing or storage. It may be possible to put a sugar cube speaker in the loco.

According to the web this is a Crosti boilered one. I have the earlier version R3356 but on mine the tender body is clipped on. You are supposed to put pressure on both ends and then it unclips. If not you might need to use a knife and credit cards.

I have just tried it, it actually works. On mine I bought one of those big bass speakers and fitted it under the tender lid.