Missing point/signal dialogue box

First time anything like this has been reported. All I can suggest is that you delete the point from the track plan and add it again from scratch.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Thanks but I need to change details on all my points and signals following a replan and this problem goes for all of them. I have 25 points and 8 signals! I don't want to have to delete them all. The problem exists on all previous track plans as well. It is as if the dialogue box is in a window that is hidden from view - I am using windows 10. Perhaps I should de-activate and restart - as I believe all details are retained in my computer's files? 

Deactivate ( are you talking about deregistering rm?) If so that will make no difference to tour problem. You will also have no real access to setting your points up until you reregister.

If deactivate means something else then await an explanation before I can help more.

Flag it up to HRMS and see what their take on the problem is.

The track plan is held in a file "yourtrackplanname.pln" where "yourtrackplanname" is the name you yourself have saved the track plan as.

Locos and other data is held in a file named "resource.mdb"

Deactivationg and re-installing rarely ever fixes RailMaster issues.

Report your issue into HRMS [Hornby RailMaster Support] using the integral reporting function in the 'Help Screen' before taking any self imposed nuclear option. The 'Help' request function will send files from your configuration to help HRMS diagnose your issue. It may be something they have seen before and know a simple solution.

At least TRY my suggestion on one point just to see if it is at least a viable solution.

@Stagman

Hello, and welcome to the Forum,

This may sound like a daft question, but are you sure your RIGHT mouse button is working ok. In the Design Window, if I LEFT click a point button, a square surrounds the button, but when I RIGHT click, the configuration window opens and there is NO square around the button.

In windows, it is possible to swap the functionality of the mouse buttons around, so that left-handed people feel more comfortable. Is it possible that this has happened on your pc, accidentally or otherwise?

Also, if you don't want to delete a button as suggested by Chris, have you just tried adding a new pair of buttons, and right-clicking those?

By the way, what sort of details do you want to change on your points following your re-plan. I have a utility program which may help.

Ray

Obviously wasn't a daft question Ray ... and a 'good spot' by you to notice it.

I must admit, Laptop trackpads can have a mind of their own. I have to make sure with mine that I put my finger press right into the corner and keep my palm well away from the trackpad surface as it seems to get false triggers just through having my palm in close proximity to the trackpad surface.

Still sometimes an issue despite adjusting every trackpad sensitivity setting I can find for it.