Hornby Class 31 Digital Sound adding extra LEDs

Stevesunbeam

Hi

I am trying to add additional LED lights to a hornby Digital Class 31.The PCB 2442-X008r1 has a various connections for addtional light control. The Loksound 3.5 fitted also I believe has the capability to control more lights.

Can any one advise on the circuits I can connect to for aux lights, cab lights etc

/media/tinymce_upload/db9009bb375d2f77c2f350dfb681cc8a.jpg

Hi

I tried searching on this topic cannot find any solution, perhaps because these are old. I have a Hornby class 31 with Digital sound I believe Loksound 3.5. I want to and extra lights to the aux functions of the loksound chip.

On the main board there are extra conections, does anyboard know the right ones to use. Board reference number 2442-X008R1. I have used JMRI to enable the functions and set the brightness but no success.

The board has LED 1-5 at each end,  V+ rail which is end switchable and LED5V+ which is constant with light function. In addition S2-3 S2-1 S2-2 on one side and S1-1 s1-2 s1-3.

I can add a picture, but it seemed to block the topic last time I tried to post.

Many thanks

How to add an image is described in TIP 8 on my TIPs page. Note that the best image posting results are obtained using a PC. Apple IOS image format is not supported, neither is 'copy n paste' nor 'drag n drop'. The 'tree icon tool' post a link to an image is not that good either. The method documented in TIP 8 is realistically the only reliable way.

Hornby Forum - TIPs on using the forum.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

@Steve

I moved your separately posted picture on the same subject over here where it wil be answered along with your original question.

We can now see one picture has the v3.5 21-pin decoder fitted and the other shows it removed.