Train Not Working

Demetri

I am assuming you have checked all power connections and you have power to your layout, but we need more information. Or as Jane2 says Return it.

Yes i have checked all the power connections and have power to my layout. The light on the controller works. There is still a buzzing noise i think that is the electric flow between the wires. Still nothing.

You have really not given us very much information to work on.

You have posted in the Hornby DCC forum so one would assume that you are using a DCC controller. But you haven't told us if that is indeed the case and which one ... brand and model.

You have said that the loco is an A1 Tornado from the NRM, but you haven't told us whether it is fitted with a decoder or not and if so, which one.

I mention what follows, because surprisingly this comes up with alarming frequency on the forum. But some newbies do not seem to realise that a loco sold as 'DCC Ready' is not a DCC locomotive. It is a DC Analogue locomotive until such time that a DCC decoder is fitted inside the loco. DCC Ready just means that the DC Analogue loco has a socket inside it into which a DCC decoder can be plugged to make it a DCC controlled locomotive.

So far I have mentioned the things you have not told us. Now for something that you have told us, which is that there is a 'Buzzing Noise'.

Now if this 'Buzzing Noise' is coming from the loco and the controller is indeed a DCC one. That is a very clear indication that the locomotive does not have a DCC decoder inside it. If the box it came in also says 'DCC Ready' then this suspicion would be correct.

If your loco is indeed a 'DCC Ready' one, then you risk burning out the motor if you continue to place it on a DCC powered track and let it buzz whilst siting stationary. You need to fit a DCC decoder in it before you can use it with a DCC controller on a DCC powered layout.

If your controller is not a DCC controller and is actually a DC Analogue one, then you still need to tell us which brand and model it is, as that might have a bearing on the issue. For example, DC Analogue controllers that use PWM technology can make locos buzz.

/media/tinymce_upload/4d946322a64196e69565c5aca27c5853.gif

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/