Converting DCC to DC

Will Hay

Thanks to this forum and google I've hard wired quite a few older models to run on DCC now, but need to convert one back to DC.

Do I need to follow a certain strategy when soldering the wires back to their original positions?
I can't remember what they were.

Thank you.

If the DCC decoder has not been adjusted via CV29 then it will (or should!) run correctly on DC as well as DCC.  So if you don't wish to tamper with its innards then leave as is.  😉 

By what you're saying it reads as though there wasn't any DCC socket inside the loco and you had to Hard Wire the decoder in place.  Assuming no lights, then cut one at a time the wires from the motor, start with the wire that attached to the decoders Orange wire and one original wire that has the Red decoder wire fitted to it . Make an in-line joint between these two wires. Now do the same with the other motor wire that has the Grey decoder wire on it. Jointing that to the the original wire that's connected to the decoders Black wire. That should free the decoder and restore DC only operation.

If the decoders Orange and Grey wires were taken directly to the motor from the decoder and wires from the wheel pick ups which went formerly to the decoders Red and Black wires are too short, run new wires to replace the orange and grey wires jointing them onto the two wires from the wheel pick ups.

If after re wiring you find the loco runs on DC the opposite way to required, swap around the two motor wires on their terminals.