RESOLVED!! problems with TTS J36 sound decoder.

richmarsh

See also:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/problems-with-tts-j36-sound-decoders/?p=3/#post-351840

The thread above is the orignal post and thread relating to the post above and gives the history of the issue.

The timeline of the original thread above continues after the timestamp of this started thread and indicates that the 'resolution' may not be as 'cut n dry' as this thread indicates.

That is really screwy according to the data sheet all you have done is enable DC and DCC running. I could understand it if bit 0 was set. What might be interesting is if you change it back to 2 and see if the fault is still cured. I don't know the detail of what these things have, but I am wondering if it keeps a local copy of CV29, that you cannot see. By changing it, it forced to software to reread it and cure the error.

Interesting point Colin. I have read on another forum where it was recommended to power cycle a decoder once changes had been made to get those changes to stick, a bit like reloading the .ini file in RM to get amendments to take effect.

I don’t know for sure if that is the case with decoders but Imhave asked.