Notifications

Potrail2378

Hi, maybe I'm missing something, but whenever I post a subject (usually in the DCC section), and someone replies, then am I supposed to get a notification that there has been a response?

Not that it's too much of an issue, but I would prefer it if I got a notification, rather than log on to look and find there's nothing to look at. 

Thanks in advance. 

This forum software is completely custom to Hornby and lacks many features and functionality that is commonly found in commercial 'off the shelf' forum software.

Post 'Notifications' and 'Private Messaging' are two serious oversights by the original Hornby forum software developers in my opinion. There are many other things that this custom forum software doesn't do that is standard in commercial 'off the shelf' versions.

• 2 weeks later...

That explains the lack of spell checker.......

As you can see in this screen shot below. My Windows 10 PC and Firefox browser provides a 'spell check' function of the Hornby forum.

Friends purposely misspelt as Freinds ... see how it is underlined in red to indicate the incorrect spelling and the right click pop-up offers me the correct spelling in the screen capture of this post below:

/media/tinymce_upload/3879b65e4202aebf6907ac418e048f1c.jpg