New Armour Kits wished for

PanzerMeister12

Hi PnazerMeister here,

For those of you out there that are armour fans I thought the following would be greated with some approval:

1:35:

Stug iii g. L/70

Jagdtiger, Jajgoandther (more german TD's)

More Russian vehicles

And finnaly a range of modern vehicles

Also for 1:76 scale it would be nice to ahve new tools on all of the vintage classics due to there poor fit or improper parts e.g. Panther's tracks are way too short.

I'd be up for a Stug, although I have one of the recent Das Werk kits. I think in the future new tool small scale armour will all be in 1/72 and Airfix have made a start with the Sherman and Tiger I. I'd hope there will be at least one 1/72 announcement next week, a Churchill or Panther perhaps?

I'd be up for a Stug, although I have one of the recent Das Werk kits. I think in the future new tool small scale armour will all be in 1/72 and Airfix have made a start with the Sherman and Tiger I. I'd hope there will be at least one 1/72 announcement next week, a Churchill or Panther perhaps?

Yes, I strongly agree with this...what do you think about a series of modern tanks and an expansion of Russian armour?

I think that new tools on 1/76 scale would be great...the new tiger looks excellent although its historical accuracy is somewhat shaky I like the addition of the Michael Wittman theme ...it may be nice to also see some 1/48 kits from airfix...I have actually built a tamiya 1/48 stug kit...very enjoyable but I suppose to much 'addable' detailay prove temperamental.

...what do you think about a series of modern tanks and an expansion of Russian armour?

I think that new tools on 1/76 scale would be great...it may be nice to also see some 1/48 kits from airfix...I have actually built a tamiya 1/48 stug kit

Modelcollect already do a pretty good line of modern Russian armour, I think the first job for Airfix would be to reconstruct their old catalogue as they have done with the aircraft range. I don't see that 1/76 is commercially viable nowadays, there are still diehard fans of this scale but I would think insufficient of them to make a run of several thousand kits feasible. I've been working on a 1/48 Tamiya Crusader and love it, but I doubt Airfix have the resources to even think about launching a range of armour kits in this scale.

Thanks Paul,

I have found those answers very helpfull...by reconstruct there old catologue do you mean create new tools and kits etc....Talking about new realeases do you think there will be another academy airfix collabaration or is that over now...I have heard some hints of a new Hetzer coming out...with a new tool...is there anything in that and if so should I wait for that or get one of the current 1/35 ones?

Yeah, take a look back at the old, popular subjects and bring them up to date with a new tooling. That's exactly what the Firefly and Tiger I are all about. I think the deal with Academy was a way to kick start a range of 1/35 kits, I would have thought a one-off arrangement, but you never know. According to Scalemates the Hetzer is an Academy re-pop. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't have any inside track, only educated guesses! I'm awaiting next Wednesday's announcement with a great deal of interest.

Following on from the Tiger and Firefly in Normandy I would suggest that the following would all be useful (especially for the Wargames crowd) in 1/72

Regular and maybe Duplex Drive Sherman, M5 Stuart, Churchill, M3 Halftrack, 6 pounder AT Gun, 17 Pounder AT Gun, 25 Pounder Field Gun, Priest/Sextan SP Gun, Kangaroo APC, M10 Tank Destroyer, Humber Scout Car, M3 Scout Car, Greyhound Scout Car, DUKW, New Infantry

Panzer Mk IV, Panther, Sdkfz 251 Half Track, Sdkfz 234 Armoured Car (with variant options), Sdkfz 222 Armoured Car, Pak 40 AT Gun, Marder Infantry Gun/Tank Destroyer, Hetzer, Jagdpanther, New Infantry.

After that you could look at Eastern Front, the Western Desert/Italy and Pacific as well as later war options like the Comet, Pershing, and M36

This would take several years to complete

Following on from the Tiger and Firefly in Normandy I would suggest that the following would all be useful (especially for the Wargames crowd) in 1/72

Regular and maybe Duplex Drive Sherman, M5 Stuart, Churchill, M3 Halftrack, 6 pounder AT Gun, 17 Pounder AT Gun, 25 Pounder Field Gun, Priest/Sextan SP Gun, Kangaroo APC, M10 Tank Destroyer, Humber Scout Car, M3 Scout Car, Greyhound Scout Car, DUKW, New Infantry

Panzer Mk IV, Panther, Sdkfz 251 Half Track, Sdkfz 234 Armoured Car (with variant options), Sdkfz 222 Armoured Car, Pak 40 AT Gun, Marder Infantry Gun/Tank Destroyer, Hetzer, Jagdpanther, New Infantry.

After that you could look at Eastern Front, the Western Desert/Italy and Pacific as well as later war options like the Comet, Pershing, and M36

This would take several years to complete

That would be good...what are you looking for eastern front wise?