RailMaster 1.74 version released.

Guest Chrissaf

The RailMaster installer / updater doesn't seem to appear as a download link at the top of the RailMaster forum any more.

You have to go to the Support and Advice area, then SoftwareDownloads, then RM demo download, etc. A bit of a pest until we get the direct link back.

• 4 months later...

Hi peeps

I am trying my level best to get the download link, but for some reason, rail-master.com is simply not accessible. Even the laptop where the software is installed can browse the net but shows no internet in the rail master app. I have tried the official link on the Hornby site pointing to the exe, but it simply returns the site not to be available. I can even not deregister the current installation. I am 100% convinced there is no error on my internet connection. Even tried more than one ISP. Bur problem remains. Could it be that the rail-master servers are not available in South Africa for some reason?

You seem to be documenting two distinctly different issues in the same query and mixing them up.

Issue 1 - inability to download the 1.74 RM installer file.

Issue 2 - an installed copy of RM [presumably pre version 1.74] has a greyed out Internet icon that isn't green.

Issue 1 - may be due to the browser you are using. There is a known issue accessing the RM download site when using the Google Chrome browser.

See this previous thread - Can't download the Railmaster software - RM_setup :: Hornby Hobbies

If you are desperate for a copy of the RM 1.74.2 installer file, then you should be able to download my ZIP file that contains it from my cloud storage service. The link to it is reproduced in the above forum page.

Issue 2 - is usually an issue with some AV products being overly aggressive because RailMaster software is considered to be 'insecure' because it has 'out of date' Microsoft security certificates. I suppose the question is, has the RM Internet icon always been greyed out and never been green, or has it turned grey recently. If it has never been green, then you almost certainly have an AV configuration issue which you never resolved at the time of the initial installation, in which case I suggest you review the RailMaster 'Help Site' content. The 'Help Site' link can be found in the 'sticky thread' located at the top of this RailMaster sub-forum.