Dcc convert 58003 markham colliery

Mike-dcc

Just getting back into model railways and I have a DCC elite system, currently working one dcc loco. All running fine. 

2 trains to convert to dcc. 

First one is a hornby 58003 markham colliery. I have found a couple of guides but no mention of an additional connection (resistor) on the motor. won't accept my photos for some reason  

I'm ok soldering, just don't want to blow up the decoder. 

Any help gratefully appreciated 

Your pictures will be held for approval by site admin, not us com-mods. There would have been a flag to tell you that or possibly the pictures were too large or of the wrong type - again a flag would say so.

I found R2252 Class 58 Manton Colliery 58003 as shown on service sheet 219.

The conversion looks as simple as disconnecting the two wires from the motor, binning the capacitor and ferrite sleeve and splicing in the decoder.

Just check neither motor brush is live to the motor bogie chassis after you have disconnected them.

/media/tinymce_upload/800808452b13908d48fc6caa761336ac.png

Read TIP 8 in my TIPs guide, see link below, regarding posting images.

Your photos may have been accepted, but they are held back for Hornby forum admin staff approval and do not appear straight away. Approval can not be done by Community Moderators only Hornby staff and may take up to 5 working days. So given today is Friday evening, they are unlikely to be looked at before Monday.

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum. TIPs include 'How to post images' and 'How to make links clickable'.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/