Select R8213, firmware 1.1 manual

BightHelmStone

My son has been given a Select R8213 controller with two locos that work with it.

It is running firmware  1.1.

I am aware we should send it to Hornby for an upgrade but! I have no idea how long his interest will last so would prefer he use it 'as is' for the moment.

Hornby have removed the instruction manuals for firmwares lower than  1.4  from the website.

Does anyone have a firmware 1.11.0 manual PDF they could send me?

Thank you in advance.

Nigel

Be aware that the version 1.1 Select has a serious BUG that will damage a Hornby R8247 Accessory Decoder. So if you intend to use the Select with any Accessory Decoder then you really do need to get it updated.

The early Selects had other issues too, fixed in later firmware releases, so if things start going awry, then don't put all the blame on Hornby products as a controller, it is more likely to be an issue borne out of the 1.1 firmware that an update will fix.

Forum ComMod RAF96 has a website where the early Select manual can be downloaded. Open the following link and scroll down the page to the 'Early Select to v1.4' download link.

http://www.halton96th.org.uk/dcc-downloads.html

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum. TIPs include 'How to post images' and 'How to make links clickable'.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Hi there

Thank you for your reply and advice. I didn't receive an email you had replied, so sorry for late response.

I am aware this firmware version has 'issues'. Only have two loco decoders at present - which are working OK.

I will most certainly upgrade the Select or buy him a new system if his interest does not wain.

Unlike commercial 'off the shelf' forum software, there is no 'email notification' feature on this custom Hornby forum software. It is totally down to you to come back and check for new replies.