Welcome back Hornby Forum and DCC Speakers

mikejj101

I use either a sugar cube speaker or one of those very small iphone speakers that the guy (Road and Rails in Leeds) sells on EBay. The thing I like about the iphone ones is that they are very thin and give good sound and are pretty consistent with their quality. I had good and bad experiences with sugar cube speakers, some work really well, others I can hardly hear anything. I think the small iphone one should fit across the tender, if your tender is the same as a lot of the others a lot of the room is taken up with the depth of the coal bunker.

I see, sorry about that, I just assumed it was the same as the Crosti one. I am pretty sure that one went in the tender. In that case I would use a sugar cube one under the smokebox, that is how I did it with the Railroad A4 Mallard, I added sound to.

I see, sorry about that, I just assumed it was the same as the Crosti one. I am pretty sure that one went in the tender. In that case I would use a sugar cube one under the smokebox, that is how I did it with the Railroad A4 Mallard, I added sound to.

Thanks Colin,

I've ordered some iPhone speakers from R&R

Cheers

Mike