Back Scenes.

morairamike

My layout is getting near to, dare I say finished. I bought a back scene which fitted in well on the wall I put it on. It was a N gauge one which looked right scale wise on my OO layout. But I couldn't find others for the remaining walls. I decided to make my own. A hunt through the web found an app called Posteriza which allows you to make posters from pictures.

Then I went out with my phone and shot several panorama pictures. Hardest part is finding a decent scene that will fit in. Today was sunny so I got some good shots. On my phone these can be 360 degrees but you have to be careful about fences etc in the foreground as the scale looks wrong. So I took 180 degree shots. Then processed them through Posteriza. This allows you to resize and print out what you want. I put mine on A4 white 210gsm card. My printer did the printing using photo in fine quality on 9 sheets. Then I butt jointed the sheets together and mounted them on the wall. The joins need a little more work but generally happy with this.

forum_image_60395208d8305.thumb.png.612d5047ebfce72cd9b7d44814fc0d1c.png

forum_image_603952165c31a.thumb.png.947fbe069fbce4ae19534e42af96f11e.png

Cheers guys.

The picture quality and clarity remains good. This picture was taken using my phone camera set to panorama. The camera is set on 12mp.

What you do have to watch though is how many sheets you stretch the original. Remember the original was a 180 degree shot so it's quite big. I managed to stretch it over 9, A4 sheets. Beyond that the small house on it got too big.

• 3 weeks later...

I started this thread back in February. Since then I have reworked the scene. First action was to remove the conduit that ran up the wall thru the rock face at Barton Rise station. The power and aerial cables are now in the wall cavity. I then decided to extend the scene the full length of the wall which involved a bit if rescaling. The wall needed 6.65 A4 sheet length wise. But expanding the scene from 6 sheets to 7 distorted the trees and the building. So what to do. Well by chance sheet 2 if printed twice would fit in next to itself and match up on both edges enough to fool the eye. The sheets run from right to left with #1 at the room door. Sheet 7 is in the corner and the excess cut off. The scene goes down behind the scenery. Extra trees and hedges were added to the foreground scenery and the access road to the camp site extended to the door.

Anyway it's finished, enjoy.

forum_image_604e769053eab.thumb.png.2fbefbc05bd7ff01ffbb7e371191ecc1.png

forum_image_604e769ca9104.thumb.png.75c04c91ef318677e6cfe8a5b872fbc1.png

forum_image_604e76a965771.thumb.png.b031ae6584e5e467757f22449ff573de.png