RailMaster with eLink Problems

I have an N gauge layout and am using RailMaster with eLink via a Windows 10 PC. I have 5 trains programmed and all run well via the above. It is the programming track I am now having problems with. When I place a train on the programming track (separate piece of track) and ask RailMaster to read the CV's is does not pick up anything at all and will not read or write anything. One train did move slightly but no CV's read. As said above, the previously programmed trains run fine. I have tried disconnecting the running track but no help. I am using both Bachman chips and Laisdcc chips. I like the system but am at wits end as to what to try??

Any help gratefully received please??

The eLink 'PROG A&B' output has probably gone faulty. Even if you had access to a Multimeter, there is no voltage condition normally measurable on the 'PROG A&B' terminal output that can confirm a fault or not. Your best option is to contact Hornby Customer Services and obtain a 'Returns Number' to have the eLink tested and if necessary repaired.

Faulty eLink 'PROG A&B' outputs is a not a rare condition.

They do fail. Sometimes faulty eLinks are returned back to the user with no charge either repaired or labelled as 'repair uneconomic'. Even if Hornby do the diagnostic and/or repair free. You will have to pay the sending to Hornby postage costs.

I have found programming and reading on the programming track to be very hit and miss. I have now set up an Arduino as a DCC++ unit, and use rocrail solely for managing my decoders, it's easy to setup, very reliable and much easier to use than Railmaster for looking after your decoders. I still prefer Elink and Railmaster for operating the railway.