Railmaster 1.74 points failure

Up graded to version 1.74. Since upgrade problems with point motors not firing. The schematic points work but the corresponding point didn’t fire. I pulled out USB plug from elink DCC controller as instructed in manual without any success. On my system I have approx 30 points to recalibrate would be a big job is there another way to sort this problem out?

Do you have your points set to fire to a pre-set throw direction on startup.

Do you have Pro.

If so check that the update hasn’t deleted the firing order in any point. Just check a sample in Design mode. This firing order can be different from the point address allocation.

If you do not have Pro then RM allocates a initial firing order based upon the order you lodged your points on the plan. This setup firing order is not adjustable.

So I managed to get it to work and the firing order is correct however it’s inconsistent and when I shut it down and re start it sometimes it runs through the system but when it gets the the points it’s just seems to skim through and not load up properly. I have had the elink probably for over 10 years and wondering whether it’s just time to replace it as this happened many years ago and Hornby replaced it and it worked

Make sure that you check the .INI file for these lines and edit them to these values if different.

Reset eLink on Start=0

Check controller=1

Alternative comms=1

If these lines are present delete them:

Check controller2=1

Alternative comms2=1

If not already, move these two lines mentioned above to become the very LAST two lines in the file:

Check controller=1

Alternative comms=1

Save the edits. Close and re-open RailMaster and monitor again.