Brighton Belle upgrade.

Yelrow

Greetings, i have a Blue and White 5 car Brighton Belle set. It is all original, but would like to make it DCC. I have never chipped anything, and have fingers like Pork Sausages. What would be neede, and is it something i could undertake with suirable forum guidance. John. PS, have never opened it, so no idea if it is DCC ready..

Hi John

Like you I have a Brighton Belle - but have never opened it up - in fact it is still in its box.

This clip from bromsgrove models may help. All the models were DCC Ready and will take an 8-pin decoder. The nice thing about the blue and white version is that it has working directional headcodes - the umber and cream do not. Best of luck Barry (BB)

You will have to cut and paste the link as the forum system does not appear to work at the moment.

https://clarahost.clara.net/www.bromsgrovemodels.co.uk/hornby5beldccinstr.htm

Hi, Barry, always kept on layout, due to coupling. Have just demolished layout, and have it , still coupled, in storage. New layout DC, goes over 2 helixs, and am not sure it would make them, hence question. Will do nowt until further down line, as mt DCC, part is 2 very long runs, which it would suit. Suppliers of TCS chips, a tad like hens teeth, in uk.