Hush Hush?

Wobblinwheel

Wobblinwheel - there has been a lengthy discussion on another forum regarding emails many customers have been receiving from Hattons regarding cancellation of their pre-order for the W1 and other locos. It might be worth contacting them for confirmation that your order is still live.

I too have had one on pre-order from Hattons for quite some time.

When they finally arrive, I hope there is enough to go around. I missed out on the L & M second class coach that I had on order.

I'll be seriously miffed if I miss out on a W1.

Virtually all my preorders with Hattons got cancelled by them. The Merchant Navy one I ordered of them they originally told me that they couldn't supply it, then they said they could. In the end I ordered it from another source and cancelled the original order. I have been trying to find out if Hattons of late ever fulfils their preorders seeing as they have cancelled virtually all of mine. It is not because I ordered late either, the Thomson loco I ordered immediately Hornby announced it.

@ColinB,

I received my pre-ordered A2 Sun Castle a few days ago, so Hattons do fulfil some of their pre-orders. I also received an email a couple of weeks back saying that they wouldn't be able to supply me with the P2 Lord President (due at the end of this year?) I pre-ordered so they have cancelled this one. To their credit, this at least gave me plenty of time to seek another supplier, and in this case I have opted for the Hornby website - more expensive but (I hope) much more likely to be able to fulfil the pre-order.

• 6 months later...