Hornby point/accessory decoder outlet ports.

Bighandz

Hello again everyone.

More help needed.

Following my last cry for help I have now programmed my point/accessory decoders.

I know they are programmed in groups of 4 (61-64, 65-68 and so on).

My question is, how do I know the assignment for each port?

I know there are 2 outlets on either side of the decoder. Am I right in assuming that the 2 left hand outlets are 61 and 62 and the right hand outlets are 63 and 64? Or, is it something less obvious?

Quick supplemental while I think about it. Am I right that I can wire 2 points (as in a crossover) to 1 outlet (ie 61)?

Again many thanks in anticipation of all your help.

The ports are clearly numbered on the case 1, 2, 3 and 4. They program in that order so 61 is 1, 62 is 2, etc.

forum_image_605bbdae778d7.png.7241d63300d53eac7dfc3aa6e6ed5b81.png

You can wire two points to one port and they may or may not fire reliably, depending upon the make of solenoid and how well they are wired, i.e. wire thickness and length, etc.

Hi RAF.

Thanks for that.

unfortunately my limited vision doesn’t allow me to see such small print.

I am using Hornby surface mounted point motors and the wired I’m using is thicker than the wire on said point motors, I think.

But again, many thanks for your help.

Apologies - what is clear to me may not be clear to others. I have stuck larger numbers on things before to help with their ID.

I have a pair of surface mount point motors about 6 feet apart as can just be seen in the picture feeding the layby into the coal drop on the high road.

One is between the Class 56s just past the odd shaped building and the other is way off in the distance.

You can see the acc decoder at this end (since moved under the board).

They are wired with hefty cable attached to the flimsy wires provided with the motor and they fire as a pair OK.

forum_image_605c51fb2ce83.thumb.png.7fce1549d4edced3a4cb324a75d67094.png

No need to apologise RAF.

The whole point was so that I am able to put stickers on with the right programme number to correspond with the right point motor.

I didn’t want to assign a motor to 61 the inadvertently wire it in to 62 because of the confusion that would cause. Let alone the stress of rewiring.

With regards to extension wires for the motors I am fairly sure that the stuff I have is rated at 4 or 5amps to take in to account the fact that I am using a 4amp supply on my Select.

But again thanks for your help and I must say your layout looks impressive.