Elite not programming loco address properly.

ColinB

Has anyone else noticed that every so often the Elite programs the address wrongly. I initially thought it was me but I noticed it do it today. It seems to happen if the Elite has been on for a long time. I have a loco with a Zimo decoder in it, I tried to program the address to 220, but every time I read the address back it had programmed 55. I did it a couple of times with the same result. I also noticed it programmed it quicker, I normally count the clicks coming from the Elite. Turn the Elite off, repower it and the write function works perfectly. It is not a big issue, now I know it does it every so often but it is a bit weird. Yes, my unit has the latest software before someone asks. When it does it properly I think it takes two clicks to write it and 3 to read it. When it gets it wrong, it does the write and read both with one click.

When it mis-reads try reading back CVs 17 and 18 (back calculate using 2mm.org calculator) as well as CV29 (set to long address?) to see if they correlate to your intended long address.

Ok, I will do that, unfortunately it doesn't happen that often. 55 is one quarter of 220 so I don't know if it is somehow shifting the value. That still doesn't explain the shortened read and write cycle.