F20, smoke generator and eLink / Railmaster

Hi, not sure whether here or the RailMaster specific would be best. Mods, please move as you think fit.

Readers of my other posts will know I recently discovered that my Merchant Navy US Lines could have DCC decoder fitted. So I started to research that and fell across this video

. Got tempted and posted the loco off today. I asked TRS Trains if the eLink / RailMaster would be compatible. (I realise there are more expensive ones with more features but having read some manuals am not overly keen atm.)

He said as long as it has F20 for smoke generation, it would be fine. The decoder is, as the Hornby video says, Zimo 645R.

I read (being an RTFM sort of person) the RailMaster manual and it does have a ref to F:0 to F:28 (p118) so I'm sort of assuming it does do F20? Is this correct and is there a list anywhere? Thanks, MIke

RM supports all functions F0-F28. What these functions do depends upon the decoder so there is no standard list.

Simply list the loco with the Zimo decoder grabbed from the pull down menu in CV7, if not listed then manually roster the loco sound functions per the decoder manual, then at F20 list the smoke function as ‘smoke on/off’. The on/off is important so you can toggle the function, else it will turn on and immediately off again.