Mouse Beep plus Speed Setting

Good morning,

I have a couple of small issues which I hope you can help solve.

The first is the annoying mouse beep. It is only present when I am using Railmaster and not other programmes. Is there a way to turn it off? I am using a Dell PC with Windows 10.

The other issue is setting the speed settings for non Hornby locos. I have an old Lima DMU which I have converted to a CD motor and DCC. It runs staggeringly well (I also fitted a stay alive to overcome the Lima dodgy pickup problem) but I cannot find a suitable setting in the speed rating. The only way I can get a suitable speed is to set it to 200mph max speed and 4 seconds on the bigger circle radius. Anything else causes it to run at snail pace. I don't think it can be the decoder at fault as the train runs perfectly if I control it directly with the Elite which gives a respectable 50mph (approx) when at half power. For completeness of info, the CD motor is a Strathpeffer 12v kit and the decoder is a Lias as is the stay alive (I didn't want to spend a fortune on this old unit!) Any ideas?

Cheers

John

Regarding beeps.

Read page 25 of the RailMaster manual. Extract below.

forum_image_60eaa84a75cc8.png.d42e20c943d6e0d84b1088cc4d8ec651.png

The 'Enable system sounds' check box is located on the 'System Settings' screen.

forum_image_60eaa84b5dc4d.png.57e564526c91fd63dceed66ee23963db.png

With regard the speed issue. This may be a variation of the well reported speed issue in RailMaster. Albeit that the previously reported speed issue relates to locos going at 'full speed' rather than 'too slow'. Try the suggested fix in this previous thread, it may possibly fix your issue as well. The clue is that your loco responds correctly to the Elite. Therefore it would appear to be a RM software specific issue, which this previous thread addresses.

Railmaster and ESU v5 speed control issue :: Hornby Hobbies