Can not download RailMaster software

Why can I not download RailMaster software from the Hornby site when I click on the download link it try's to connect to with this link http://www.rail-master.com/rm_setup.exe and eventually times out when I run the windows networks diagnostic it says Your computer appears to be correct but the device or resource (www.rail-master is not responding) I am currently using the same laptop to write this so I know I have internet access.

This question has come up several times in the last month or so.

Are you using Chrome for your browser. There is a known issue with Chrome.

See this previous thread.

Can't download the Railmaster software - RM_setup :: Hornby Hobbies

I use Firefox for my browser on Windows 10 and have no issues downloading the RailMaster set-up file. RM is treated as an 'untrusted' file and many new browsers have aggressive settings that block it's download. If you are not using Chrome [where you can follow the guidance in the above link] you will need to find a similar setting in the browser that you are using.

As you had Chrome then you would have been better off following the 'how to download RM' using Chrome workaround that is described in the linked thread.

My 'Firefox' might have been tweaked to allow RM download, too long ago to remember. Orthers have also said that they have no issue with using MS Edge for RM download.

When I click on the download link it try's to connect to with this link http://www.rail-master.com/rm_setup.exe and eventually times out when I run the windows networks diagnostic it says Your computer appears to be correct but the device or resource (www.rail-master is not responding) I am currently using the same laptop to write this so I know I have internet access.

running Win 10 with windows defender installed and Fire Fox and MS edge both do not allow me to download file

forum_image_60f2e38edcfa1.png.7877997ef1bd6dea8c0d35acc134ebef.png

I use an alternative security application to Windows Defender, so I don't think I am affected by the option setting below as my AV application disables 'Defender' so try turning off this "Check apps and files' option in Windows Defender Security.

forum_image_60f2e57b22dde.thumb.png.a9017da2173e64cfe14def7e8de6c755.png

If you are desperate for the latest RM 1.74.2 file, you can download it from my 'cloud service'. This will download because the RM setup exe file is contained within a ZIP.

You will find the download link on Page 1 [4th post down] of the thread linked in my earlier reply above.

Hi Chrissaf thanks for the zip file railmaster is now on my PC but still have the intial problem where i can not register Rail Master have put in a request for support@rail-master.com to look into this again thanks for you help