Airbrush

I have moved your post to the Humbrol forum as there are already a number of posts giving advice on airbrushes.

Are you looking to spend £100 on just the airbrush or the whole set up (including compressor)?

I recommend Iwata airbrushes (if you can get one under £100).

Jon - I was advised when looking for a kit to get one that has a separate airtank.

I purchased one from ebay that was under £100 that also had 2 airbrushes included in the deal - these were not brilliant but got me going until I then purchased a better airbrush

This link shows the type I got - Professional RDG Tank Airbrush Compressor Kit with Air Brush Model AB135/130/138 | eBay

Good luck

Dale

I have moved your post to the Humbrol forum as there are already a number of posts giving advice on airbrushes.

Are you looking to spend £100 on just the airbrush or the whole set up (including compressor)?
I recommend Iwata airbrushes (if you can get one under £100).

Thank you, much appreciated

Thank you - did it do the job ok? I appreciate that I will need to upgrade the air brush at some point

In my experience yes, I've been using an AS186 for several years. You can switch it on and let the reservoir fill up, once it's up to pressure it cuts out. Leave it switched on and it will kick in once the pressure dips below what's set on the regulator. The reservoir is not huge, so for an extended amount of spraying it will switch on and off whilst airbrushing, but unless you're using a very high spray pressure and it drops very low this won't be an issue. Essentially, you can switch on at the start of your bench time and only need to switch it off when you're all done for the day. The other benefit is you don't get any pulsing, although this may not be a problem if you're using a reasonably lengthy air line.

Thank you - did it do the job ok? I appreciate that I will need to upgrade the air brush at some point

In my experience yes, I've been using an AS186 for several years. You can switch it on and let the reservoir fill up, once it's up to pressure it cuts out. Leave it switched on and it will kick in once the pressure dips below what's set on the regulator. The reservoir is not huge, so for an extended amount of spraying it will switch on and off whilst airbrushing, but unless you're using a very high spray pressure and it drops very low this won't be an issue. Essentially, you can switch on at the start of your bench time and only need to switch it off when you're all done for the day. The other benefit is you don't get any pulsing, although this may not be a problem if you're using a reasonably lengthy air line.

thank you much appreciated