Head code illumination.

Potrail2378

Hi, I have a Class 35 - Hymek. Running number D7063. It's a Tri-ang R 758.

Is the head code supposed to be on permanently on both ends?

I can get it to illuminate at one end, along with the headlights, going forward, and the head code will illuminate going backwards, along with 'reversing' headlights, but for authenticity, are both the back end and the front end head codes meant to be illuminated in both directions, all the time?

Hi

Have you converted this loco to DCC?

If so, have you re wired front and rear lights to allow correct direction of travel operation? Via the F0 selection?

White decoder wire feeds front headlights and the red rear lights when going forwards, while the Yellow decoder wire feeds rear white headlight(s) and front red lights while going in reverse.

All are connected to the Blue decoder wire, which is Positive to all Function outputs.

Hmm..While I was typing my reply above it may now not be applicable? .. Seems you have updated your post.

I would think not as in train the rear code would be masked by coaches or wagons.

My guess would be the head-code would be lit directionally.

Having said that on DMUs they were supposed to display the same code at each end, but many drivers would leave them telling of the destination that each end was pointing towards i.e. from and to, to save having to rack the destination roller round when reversing journeys.

Hi, Flashbang.

Yes, I've converted it to DCC - I have also put extra pickups on the non-driven bogey. The directional lights are all fully functioning, along with the cab lights. All I'm trying to do is find out if both headcodes should be illuminated all the time, and if so, work out a way to get a permanent live to them 👍