Mallard body attaching screw

Glynn-821426

Hi,

I have a Railroad Mallard TTS about 6 months old anyone know what size the screw is that holds the front of the body to the chassis. It's dropped out somewhere so need a replacement. It's a parallel thread into a brass bush in the body.

Is there a pack of various screws that are used on locos available to buy?

Moderator's Note: Title amending to aid any future search.

There is.

Try to find the Hornby Service Sheet which relates to your model - do you know the model reference, eg R1234?

Going Spare will be along shortly, doubtless - not volunteering his services, just a very knowledgeable and helpful person in these specific circumstances!

Al.

It should be an M2 parallel thread screw. It might have a step on it but it probably doesn't matter People are always on about screw packs, generally Hornby have run out, the Service Sheet generally doesn't say what thread it is. I get mine from https://www.laptopscrewsdirect.com/ they do decent screws and you can choose your length. If not, use EBay and buy a pack of 50 from China. It might be a M2.5 but on all mine they are M2s. Hornby generally use either M2 or M2.3 self tapping screws, or M2 parallel thread. I got this info by basically measuring them when I was rebuilding a loco. If the loco is older they were still using 6 ba and 8 ba screws, but you loco is relatively new.

So far all the parallel threads on my Hornby locos are M2 or M2.5, but I am not surprised that they use M2.2, which I assume are the self tapping screws. You get get all sorts from China and just lately they Ship really fast.

Thanks for the info on the M2.2, I knew they were bigger than M2, but I just assumed that they were M2.3. Either way other than "Laptop Screws" generally I have found that they all come from China, the UK outlets are not interested in small quantities.