A4 Class With Tts Sound not working on Bachmann tracks

Race-1218161

I ordered a A4 Class With Tts Sound from Amazon to add to my train table. The table uses Bachmann easy tracks, these tracks work great with my Smokey Joe and E2 trains. Yet the A4 doesn't even move an inch when I turn it on. I even tested it with the Smokey Joe train on the same track; yet the A4 stood still while Smokey Joe chugged along uninterrupted. I took the body off an didn't notice anything wrong with it. Are the Tts sound components interfering with it?

E-Z Track is available in two types, a steel-alloy rail on a black roadbed and a nickel-silver rail on a grey roadbed. In theory this should make little or no difference to running a loco.

Are you trying to run the digital A4 on an analogue track using a DC controller, if so it will not work out of the box as the TTS decoder is set by default not to react to a DC potential.

To make it run on DC, but it will still not play sounds, you will have to get someone with a digital controller to re-enable DC running in CV29.

If you are running a digital layout then please let us know and which controller is in use.

Yes 96RAF I agree entirely, running a DCC enabled loco with DC. Even if re-enable CV29 it still doesn't run as well as if the DCC decoder is replaced with a DC header. You be amazed how many locos I have picked up off EBay as non runners, only to find that they have a DCC decoder in them. On one of them it was LokSound v4.0 unit, sound was a bit rough but it worked.