Railmaster not connecting to my wifi

Hi all

I have still not received a reply to my request mention above to the HRMS support email above 96RAF mentions a help request form inside RM however I cannot use this feature because RM is not connecting to the internet

Thankyou for your advice

Malopig (Max)

If you have not had a reply, then it looks as if your communication with HRMS issue is more related to your ISP service. It has been documented on this forum that HRMS have responded to member's emails but the replies have not got through.

As I understand it, HRMS run their own 'email post office' software on their own servers. Thus RM internet connection issues can overlap with email communication issues because the same block of IP addresses are used at the HRMS end for both RM activation and mail.

This previous thread gives a clue that supports this theory.

RailMaster Activation simple fix :: Hornby Hobbies

I'm sorry, I don't have any further suggestions to offer, other than those already documented in these pages. Other than the comments below.

If your controller is an Elite then this will work with JMRI (freeware) and another software package whose name escapes me at present (paid for application). Neither of which will work with eLink.

If your Vista PC won't connect to HRMS either, then that is pointing to your ISP service being the crux of your issue, as clued to in the link in my last reply.

Post a screenshot of your Firewall RM exception taken from the Vista RM PC so that it can be reviewed as being correct.

Edit: - The software name I couldn't remember is 'Big Bear'. Other paid for software packages are available, but I picked out 'Big Bear' as it is very competitively priced. Note that the last time I checked [years ago] 'Big Bear' was only a layout control software package and didn't include CV and DCC Address configuration which would still need to be performed via the Elite hardware interface directly.

Big Bear DCC Rail Controller for your model rail layout.

To reiterate, this software is not compatible with Hornby eLink, only Hornby Elite. Apart from which, the eLink has no control knobs and buttons to provide the CV and DCC Address configuration via hardware requirement that 'Big Bear' requires, where the Elite does.

There is a long history on the forum of overseas ISPs giving grief with RM connection, Spain, Oz, etc. Yet other users have no problems. There has never been a 'cut and dried' universal solution.

I used RM in Cyprus for 10 years with Cytanet as my provider without any connection problems that were not of my own making.