Elite Problems

Johnboy.46

Hi is anyone out there having problems with the Elite.

I decided to upgrade my Selct and brought an Elite. the first one never worked so back to the shop exchanged it no problem. 2nd one moved trains fine but would not program anything shop said upgrade

the software from Hornby after upgrade still no joy. Back to the shop who tested it and again replaced it. 3rd one started ok programed 1 train tried another red light flashed 15 times and loud clicks tried to operate a loco and a puff of smoke told me the

chip had gone so unpluged the Elite & replaced it with the Select again. phoned Hornby they said it needed to be upgraded to firmware 1.4.1 which is not on there website yet and has to be sent back to them. athough customer care where full of apologies I would

have thought that after spending £200 it should work for more than a day and give me free P&P.

Mine seems to be fine after months of trying to and, with the help of HCC, eventually managing to update it to v1.4. What does 1.4.1 add, though? Will it be available as a downloadable update in due course? If so, will I dare to install it?

guys,

my elite is working fine after quite a few years and numerous upgrades.

if you have had 3 fail in a or then either you are very unlucky or there is some sort of outside influence on the device.

The elite can survive short circuits,

finger trouble... is your wiring ok?

I had some really strange problems programming locos at one stage. in the end it came down to a capacitor in the power clip to the programming track. with that removed life improved. I had been sure it was a faulty

elite or decoder.

I dont think its the wiring as my Select has worked just fine for the past 10 months with no problems.

yes 1.4.1 will be availible for download according to Hornby never said when.

Hopefully when it gets back from Hornby all will be sorted just

put it down to bad luck.

After saying in earlier posts that I would not bother with the update, I finally went ahead last Thursday. And yes after following all instructions it locked up.

After contacting HCC, they asked me to send it to them. Posted Friday delivered back

to me today together with the operation instructions.

I would like to congratulate HCC for there excellent customer service on this and all the other help they have given me in the past.

Hi

Although my Elite works i.e. controls locos it behaves oddly when performing some tasks.

When programming a loco will flash 5 times twice with a slight pause between the two sets of 5 flashes. Also the loco names become jumbled, like letter

tiles at scrabble. Has anyone els had these issues and I hope V1.4.1 will sort them.

Archived