Class 43 - hst tts set up

Joma12

Hi all,

looking for a bit of advice, I am fitting the r7140 Valenta tts twin pack to my hst class 43, I am a little confused how to programme the two decoders, should they be programmed with the same address?

sorry if that’s a stupid question.

Just a word of warning, my e link wouldn't program the chip in the dummy unit as it needs a load across the motor terminals on the chip.

I used a 100ohm resistor to sort this because I had hard wired the chips in. But if you have dcc sockets you could just swap the chips over into the motor unit to do the programming.

It was driving me insane for days untill I realised that was the issue

The instructions for the twin pack are only for a single standard programming and no mention of a dummy car….

My understanding from my research on the web the dummy car is already set up for directional lighting so need to fiddle with it but I could be wrong.

If the 43s have factory sockets and lighting they will be wired to work correctly when a decoder is plugged in orange wire to pin 1.

If the lights are user installed they either come with instructions on wiring (kit) or you cross wire to suit (diy rig).