Blanking Plates

Bulleidboy

Not always.

Some models require blanking plates with diodes on them to generate a positive feed supply for factory fitted lighting.

However, basic motor function should not be impacted by not using the blanking plate designed for the model, as motor function is the lowest common denominator requried function support.

If you then fit a blanking plate with lighting diodes into a model that deals with the generation of a positive supply away from the blanking plate and on a main loco PCB where factory fitted and doesn't require a diode equipped blanking plate, then the lighting function may be affected. One would need to see the circuit diagram of the loco PCB to make a proper assessment of suitability.

Thanks for the quick response Chris. It is not a problem I have, as I said, I keep all of the blanking plates removed by me. I have seen a number for sale on Ebay which say "blanking plate for a Class whatever", and wondered if they were "model sensitive" - the reasons which "may" affect a loco, you have explained clearly. BB