R7147 TTS Decoder fitted into Hornby 46201 Princess Elizabeth.

Shorty1707822079

I am using JRMI to control my Locomotives on my layout. I have the Princess Elizabeth 46201 from my Rovex R1251M train set. All works okay using the Hornby Select unit, sounds and control etc.

When it comes to JRMI, the program will not recognize R7147 the Princess Royal class decoder fitted, as it is not listed in the find loco section.

Is there a work-around, or will I have to wait until the JMRI team add it to their listings?

Go on RM Web forum and there is a TTS post that is specific to JMRI.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/136936-tts-decoders-updated-jmri-decoder-file-new-update-25420-britannia-rebuilt-merchant-navy-and-function-labels-added-to-all-locos-see-page-3/&tab=comments#comment-3281201

Contact Beejack the guy who compiles the decoder definition files and ask for yours to be added to the list.

Thank you for link.

I worked my way through the suggested decoder types in JMRI, until I found one that matched the CV numbers 7, 8 and 159 listed in the R7147 Decoder manual.

I am relatively new to DCC and JMRI, and it has been an enjoyable and rewarding experience in learning to work through issues regarding fitting sound into locomotives.

Thanks to the link that you provided and the posts from other forum users, I was able to get the Princess Elizabeth into sound.

Kind regards, John.