Connecting a Hornby Select to the power track

Macca1707822211

Hello

Can you please help a confused 78 year old. I am looking for a connection wire for a DCC train set to connect my Hornby Select to the power track. The one that came with the train set has got lost in a house move. I have searched the Hornby web site and I cannot find the part number for the connection wire I need.

Thank you. John McAdam

The connection wire is not sold as a separate item. The Select uses spring terminals as its output connectors, which means that any general purpose wire can be used. General purpose 'Figure 8' (also termed shotgun cable) speaker wire is ideally suited for this purpose. This type of wire terminates easily under the spring terminals on the Select. At the track power connector end, the wire can be terminated with Hornby X8011 terminals, which then push into the wire receptacles on the track connector. Currently out of stock in the Hornby shop, the X8011 terminals are readily available in some model railway shops and on ebay. The X8011 would normally be soldered onto the wires, but optionally can be 'crimped' by those who do not want to solder.