Duke Of Gloucester TTS Sound Decoder replacement equivalent

Rick-1224245

I have a Duke that's playing up and research has revealed that the TTS sound decoder installed is the R7146 if my research is accurate and the problem is I can not find this decoder in stock any where.

So my question to the brains trust is what would be the considered opinion for a replacement. The Tornado uses an R8108 which is also a 3 Cylinder and I was thinking that may be ok.........unless the general view is otherwise..

Thanks for your time. Cheers

Whistles may be quite different. Is DoG not basically an enlarged Britannia with an extra cylinder. Valve gear is different to Tornado.

Thanks for your reply. True and yes about a developed Brit. I am helping out a friend who prefers to have it running as was intended with the correct TTS Decoder.

After some pesistance I now have the decoder working and it seems the Loco no longer keeps stopping and re starting. What caused all of this was wiring in the loco was shorting at one of the motor terminals which caused all sorts of software corruption. So I fixed the wiring and the final problem was a factory reset issue which required a different programming mode in Digitrax to work effectively (dir) as opposed to (PAGE). Will test this weekend at our large club track layout. Also I did eventually find the original TTS decoder in stock down under...!
Cheers

Mod Note - your duplicate post removed. You have also used the blue button to reply which has requoted my previous post, then you have written your reply within the quote making it difficult to see what is what. To reply simply scroll down the page and use the blank reply box at the bottom of the page. Your answer will get to the right person.

Good to hear you have it working again.

TTS decoders support all programming modes but Direct is the preferred and quickest method. Register mode can be used for some stubborn decoders and Operation mode (PoM) is useful for changing volume levels on the fly.