Select 1.6 sound fuctions

Hipwell

Hey guys.

Just a quick question regardingy select which was recently upgraded to 1.6

Is there a way to set the functions such as horn, so they automatically turn off?

For example when I press function 2 to sound the horn, it works and plays once as it should, but then if I want to sound it again, I have to function 2 again to turn it off, then repeat to sound it again

My understanding was that only function 1 and 0 would latch on, to keep lights and sound on constantly, and then the other functions were just a one off sound and not latching.

That's how it works on my railmaster, but doesn't seem to on the select.

Am I missing something or is this just the way it is?

Although some decoders like TTS have spot sounds that play once and stop, unfortunately the Select F-keys are all select on - select off, so even if say the horn has played out to use it again you need to set it off before you can set it on.

Further to this is TTS decoders can only play one spot sound at a time so if a sound is left running it will hog the channel even if played out and stop your next sound selection playing.

Now the really annoying part - the Select has no lasting screen indicator to show that a function is selected or not so you either have to have a good memory or use a tick list. In the event you get totally confused you can reset the Select (not the decoder) and it will cancel all functions for you. Obviously not ideal.

Railmaster actually sends 2 commands for spot sounds, one to turn the sound on and again to turn it off, so when it has played out it is ready to go again. Those functions in RM suffixed on/off belay this second command until you press the latched function to cancel it.

Edit - the annoying thing in RM programs is the latched on/off command is the same, so if the first (on) command is missed for whatever reason (comms error), then the next (off) command will turn it on not off. We have long campaigned to have these commands made separate i.e function-on and function-off not function-select, function-select.