Farewell Railmaster

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that I have moved away from Railmaster. I say "with a heavy heart" because my brand loyalty to Hornby goes deep. My mother worked for Roland Hornby (founder Frank's son) and Maud Hornby and I met them many times when I was a lad. Whenever Roland went up to the factory at Liverpool he would bring me back the latest loco. I also had the best possible of Meccano sets and a great collection of Dinky Toys. It is down to him that I got into model railways. However, try as I may with RM, I cannot get it to work reliably. The main issues are the losing contact with the layout (yellow box syndrome) and delay in function commands. I think these issues are well documented and it is not just me.

I have now moved to iTrain together with Roco Z21.

Mod note: Sorry Exetersteam, but the rest of this second paragraph has been removed for breach of 2nd forum rule - excessive active promotion. This was a consensus mod decision, hence why your post briefly disappeared whilst appropriate action to take was being deliberated.

I have had great support from this Forum during my struggles with RM for which I remain grateful. Thank you and farewell.

PS For sentimental reasons I will be keeping RM on my computer and hanging on to my 2 Elites and eLink!